Review: Sacrificed (Little Boy Lost #6) by J.P. Barnaby

Reunited with his father but missing the one man he loves more than any other, Jamie Mayfield attempts to put his life back together amid rehab, seizures, and the gutting loneliness of Brian's rejection. As he tries to cope, Jamie finds that relying on his friends isn't nearly as difficult as he'd imagined, and soon he can once again stand on his own two feet.

While recovering from his addiction, Jamie starts a new phase of his life at college, working to become the man Brian needs him to be. Only one question remains: Can Jamie earn Brian's forgiveness and win back his trust, or will their love be sacrificed at the altar of Jamie's demons?

Brian and Jamie's epic journey comes to a close in this thrilling conclusion to the "Little Boy Lost" series.





**Possible series spoilers**

Little Boy Lost.

Is there a more apt name for this series? No, there really isn't.

Brian and Jamie, both of these boys are just so... well, they're lost. They're lost without each other, lost without their families... just lost. Yes, they finally, FINALLY get their beloved HEA in Sacrificed. But what this series is really about is the journey they were willing to take to finally find each other and just be happy. Their terrible, gut wrenching, loving journey. They went through so much that the fact that they actually made it to the end is amazing and I was finally able to take a huge sigh of relief.

Oh, the angst. The delicious, wonderful angst. What these boys went through... I can't even imagine. This is probably my favorite book in the series (or the first book is - I haven't decided yet) because Jamie showed so much growth. Amazing, incredible growth. And he did it not knowing if he'd even get the guy in the end, he did it because he needed to. The choices he made in this last book were so brave that, even after his horrible behavior in the fifth book, I just couldn't help but love, love, love him for it.

Brian on the other hand... he needed to be bopped in the head. I get where he's coming from. Jamie did some unforgivable things in order to get a fix, he lied and, basically, cheated. I get it. But, still. The guy is suffering. And after all that Brian went though, he just stopped trying for Jamie. Just like that. I wanted to smack him.

At the same time (watch, I'm going to contradict myself here), I'm glad he wasn't there. Jamie needed to get help by himself and for himself. Without Brian to lean on and without the excuse that he's doing it all for Brian. So, I was mad at Brian, but glad that he was being a douchenugget. Conflicted. Me. Really.

This was yet another book in the series where our heroes were not together for a good chunk of the story, but I think that's what needed to happen in order for both of them to get their heads on straight and for the right reasons. I just loved how it all played out between them and I think they were really in the right place in their lives to begin their life together, for reals this time.

As far as the series goes, it's so worth the read. The middle books were a little weaker and I'm not sure this story needed to be told in six books, I think four would have sufficed. But being able to witness Brian and Jamie's heartbreaking journey makes it all worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment