Review: Dirty Deeds by S.E. Jakes

Two seasoned operatives finally meet their match: each other.

Cillian works for the mysterious Special Branch 20: an organization that runs black ops commissioned by the British government. His specialty is deep undercover assignments with virtually no support. He’s been alone for so long that he no longer knows anything else.

Mal’s also used to being alone. Wanted in several states and even more countries, he’s not allowed in the vicinity of any of his former Navy SEAL teammates. And his current assignment is to track Cillian in order to discover the spook’s endgame. Except he’s no longer sure which one of them is getting played.

Cillian isn’t about to let the mission that’s consumed him for the past several years crumble because an outsider is poking around where he doesn’t belong. But Mal forces his way through Cillian’s defenses—and into his heart—exposing a devastating betrayal that could destroy them both.



My reaction when I first read Mal and Cillian were going to be a couple.

Dirty Deeds, book #1 from the Dirty Deeds series by SE Jakes is a action-packed, erotic-filled, mind-bending suspense novella featuring two secondary characters from the Hell or Highwater & EE Ltd series. For those readers who have been following along with those books, do not fear for Tom and Prophet...Mal and Cillian have the makings to be their own force field. Oh my, my, my!
“Letting me know your email address. Big step. Sure you're ready for that kind of commitment?""I'm pretty sure I want you to shut up and open your ass for me.”
It's a battle of spy vs. spy in Amsterdam.


But instead of this being a one trick pony by carrying on the same mystery from Hell or Highwater, Dirty Deeds flipped it with two spies who don't know when to quit, are rough around the edges and though they might not see it yet are two sides of the same damaged coin. For less than 100 pages, is it worth reading? Hell yes. We are given glimpses of both Mal's and Cillian's background (you are never going to guess, I didn't). I was left wanting more but not unsatisfied with what I learned.

This book delivered:

Smart asses with smart ass dialogue? Check!
Hot dirty talk including dick pics? Super huge CHECK!
Hot rough sex in public? SUPER DUPER CHECK! (I would love to be a fly on the wall in this club in Amsterdam, just saying)



This story has key elements for a bang-tastic little number but don't think this is PWP. No way, folks. This story has a great plot that unfolds at an entertaining pace. Not all of the questions are answered. Do know that John...the bad guy from the other series, hovers heavily throughout the story. Why? I am not spoiling for you.We also get a few scenes of my snarky pal Prophet and Tom being themselves and awesome. And Mal is also trying to win for being the snarkiest spy of the world title, Prophet needs to be on the look out. No wonder they are such good friends.

“How did we go from cocks to this? Because I gotta tell you, cocks are more fun. Especially mine.”

Would I categorize this book as romance? Not necessarily. This is not a fluffy book. No sugar or insta-love-you's here. This is a dirty book with hot rough sex, dirtier talk and sexting through IM. Cillian and Mal have not trusted people for so long that it will be a rough road ahead for these two ever getting it together for a relationship. We get slices of the true men inside their worlds of lies and I love those slices.



Do you need to read Jakes' previous work prior to reading Dirty Deeds? No but I think you should. Why? Yes, we learn some background for both Mal and Cillian in Dirty Deeds but the glimpses we get in Hell or Highwater series of both secondary characters are just as delicious. You will fully get why this pairing is so wonderful.

The ending is a cliffhanger of sorts. It ended at the right moment and I am anxious for the next book in the series (which will be full length, thank goodness) because Mal & Cillian are definitely major contenders for a novel. SE Jakes stepped up with her game. I've been reading her books from the beginning - I'm impressed with Dirty Deeds. This series definitely started on the right note.





2 comments: