Review: Bitten by Desire (Regent's Park Pack, #3) by Annabelle Jacobs

Two lovers from rival packs. Have they come together only to be forced apart?

Alec Knight, a beta in the Regent’s Park pack, guards his heart carefully. Ghosts from his past keep him alone and angry, any hope of a relationship impossible while guilt from the pack wars still haunts him. With the anniversary drawing near, Alec needs a distraction.

As a lowly member of the Primrose Hill pack, Mark Appleton isn’t used to having his alpha’s attention. Lately he’s had more than his fair share, and not for the right reasons. Despite growing suspicions that all is not well, Mark tries hard to do better, but constant criticism leaves him desperate for a stress outlet.

Sex is a good way for shifters to let off steam, and while their packs attack each other with accusations and lies, Alec and Mark work out their frustrations in bed. Pillow talk and shared secrets lead to a closeness neither was expecting, but when pack relations reach an all-time low, any future for them seems out of the question.

If they want to be together, they’ll have to go against their alphas’ wishes—except Alec won’t and Mark can’t.


I’m going to reiterate again because I’m a nag that way that this series should be read in order. I skipped the first one and have pretty much caught up on Nathan and Jared but they feature heavily in this story, so again, don’t be like me.

Annabelle Jacobs delivers a strong, plot-driven story in Bitten By Desire. I can attest that this one is a bit of a rollercoaster ride. I really don’t want to spoil the story so I’m going to shut up about it. But it's SO GOOD!!!

A really weird thing is happening to me with these characters, though. I usually am sorta in Mehsville about at least a few of the characters, but not this series! Nope. In this series I really like all the characters even the villainous ones that you’re not supposed to like play their roles to the hilt! I found myself smiling and getting a little verklempt at some of the scenes between these people at time and other times I found myself getting 16 different kinds of ragey at the bad dudes.

The pack dynamics are the best! The way the betas are portrayed, the way they feel about their unit members, the way they try to put them at ease when they sense their anxiety...


And Cam! He's a particularly spectacular alpha. Fair, honest and trustworthy; he's good people I tell ya. I have some serious heart eyes happening for him.

Alec is portrayed as being cold but I disagree. I think he’s efficient and no nonsense, though he’s not particularly interested in any romantic entanglements so maybe that’s where the “coldness” lies? He’s a fantastic beta. He’s loyal, steadfast and would lay down his life for the good of the pack every day of the week and twice on Sundays, so that makes him pretty amazeballs in my book.

Mark seems to agree with me on the amazeballsness. He’s keen on the older R-pack beta and would like nothing more than to climb him like a tree. The fly in the ointment is that his alpha, Newell <---douchecanoe, has a grudge the size of Texas against Cam. He's jelly if you ask me, but anywhatevers.

With a whole lot of animosity betwixt the two packs it’s not a great idea for Alec and Mark to be engaging in the boom boom, but what fun would that be? A lil danger fucking never hurt anyone, ammiright?

This is the first shifter/shifter pairing so they’re a bit rough with some biting, rimming, marking territory a.k.a. cum play and manhandling, but honestly… I can’t even believe I’m about to say this, but the sex was…


I thought Tim and Seb were hotter. Maybe I was disappointed by the lack of hate sex? There was heat, it just didn’t change my life. However, as we all know I'm a filthy perv and hotness is totally subjective anyway so read it and decide for yourself.

Bottom line, I was waaaayyyyy more captivated by the story arc and their relaysh. Alec and Mark’s connection and eventual bond was in the spotlight and it gave me #feelings. It builds over the narrative from stress relief to more frequent "scenting" to possessive and growly to bonded mates. I loved that there were no games and no back and forth. They're both shifters and realize what's happening and at some point realize that they don't mind that they're headed to Lovesville and just let it happen. It made my heart happy.

I’ve no idea if this is the end. I hope not but I didn’t get a sense of who might be the next coupling and I don’t really know what to do with that other than shamelessly deploy some pathetic eyes…



…in the hopes that the Regent’s Park Pack will return. Because I want to know what happens next.

Recommend to shifter romance fans and those who like action in their stories.



An ARC was provided.


No comments:

Post a Comment