NSFW Review: Lace-Covered Compromise by Silvia Violet

Adam Kingston expects to inherit his father’s multinational conglomerate. When he finds out half of it went to Nate Thomas—an annoying man whose dreams for Kingston Corp.’s future clash with Adam’s need to stave off financial disaster—Adam is furious. He’s willing to do whatever it takes to wrest control of Kingston Corp. from Nate.

Nate may be soft-spoken, but he refuses to be swayed by Adam’s arrogant demands. When Nate accidentally drops a pair of his lacy panties in front of Adam, there’s no mistaking Adam’s interest. Nate hadn’t realized Adam was bisexual, but now that his secret is out, Nate is willing to use Adam’s lust against him if it means protecting the welfare of the company he loves.

For Adam and Nate, hatred and desire are closely linked. Their inability to compromise threatens the company and could expose their tightly held secrets. But as they work together to develop a plan to save Kingston Corp., they begin to realize there might be more to their relationship than anger and lust.




THERE WILL BE GRATUITOUS MANTIES PICS. BRACE YOURSELVES, MY PEOPLES.


Notice the wallpaper?
I think *someone* got the memo.

First, let me say as soon as I read the blurb I said aloud, "it's my book!" Ok, it was more of a squell (squeal + yell) but nevertheless there was some excite happening. Then I hit NetGalley DAILY, like it was my job, waiting for it to appear.

It was worth the wait. It was everything. MY FACE MELTED RIGHT OFF MY FACE!!!!!!!!!!!! My own panties got so confused. They didn't know whether to combust, fly off my body, work as a fire retardant or spin around. Eventually they just began wandering around the house aimlessly, bumping into furniture and walls.


Enemies to lovers is one of my favorite tropes and Lace-Covered Compromise is primo. Truly. It was the fine dining equivalent of hate sex enemies to lovers. I wish this book came in liquid form because I would marinate in it. It's sexy as hell, has well developed characters, a sassy and spunky female secondary character and an engaging plot.

And I know you think it's rough
When you're try'na patch us up
And I say honey what is love?
You just say I drink too much

Adam Kingston is a rich, entitled, privileged, spoiled rotten brat. Rude, stubborn and bad at adulting are his default settings, but inside he's insecure, scared and lonely and he drinks too much. His best friend Valerie is the only one that sees through his facade and she takes no shit from him. I loved her. I also loved Adam. He's a mess but I heart him. His parents mailed it in so connecting with others is difficult and he struggles with anxiety. He really needs someone other than Valerie to see the real him, see through all the subterfuge and call him on his bullshit.


The entire story is told through Adam and I think that was the right call for a couple of reasons. The first being to really understand his prickly nature and the second to get a front row seat for his struggle to better himself and save Kingston. Interoffice politics have a fairly large role in the narrative as Adam is SUPER pissed at his father for splitting Kingston Corp between him and his nemesis, Nate Thomas upon his death. Of course he takes it out on Nate, but he's got to find a way to compromise when it comes to Kingston if he wants the company to survive. He's also got to find a way to be honest with himself and those he cares about if he wants to have a meaningful connection with Nate.

Maybe I'm defective
Or maybe I'm dumb
I'm sorry, so sorry for what I've done
Maybe I'm bad natured 
Or maybe I'm young
I'm sorry, so sorry for what I've done

Nate is his opposite in many ways. He's comfortably out, laid back, environmentally conscious and approachable. He also likes his MANTIES and is bossy in the bedroom! He even coordinates his lipstick to his MANTIES. *swallows tongue*


Adam's been keeping his bisexuality under wraps but as soon as he glimpses Nate's pink lace things start to get hot in a hurry. I love it when everyone's into the MANTIES and there's no shame. I also really liked that the MANTIES wearer was the Toppy McTopperton one!

The D/s is mild with a little orgasm denial, face-fucking, non-restraint bondage and begging, all while engaging in public hate sex, mirror sex and some epic rimming. The only thing that was missing was spanking/impact play and quite frankly if that had happened I might've imploded and spun off into space. So thanks for your restraint, Ms. Violet.
The pink, combined with his toned body and a look that said he would fuck me until I screamed. It was too good. [...] He was going to destroy me.
As hot as it was, and it was scorching, I appreciated that Nate's magic peen didn't "fix" Adam. Adam has to use his words to make reparation to Nate. He also makes a really heartfelt and altruistic grand gesture which went a long way towards showing his growth.

And I'm the t-shirt that I wear
Pick the thorns out of my hair
I broke your heart so carelessly
But made the pieces part of me
And now it hurts what we've become
'Cause you taught me how to love
It's me who taught you how to stop



The HEA was the best! Sure, they'll still have differences, ups and downs, and they'll have some fucking fantastic makeup sex.

If you're in need of some smutty goodness with a hefty dose of warm and fuzzy feels give Lace-Covered Compromise a spin.

I've waited for this
I'm ready for it
I've waited for this
I'm ready for it
I been waiting so long

~Nothing But Thieves

werd.



An ARC was provided by NetGalley.


4 comments:

  1. LOL, I swear I love your reviews! #teammanties
    I said I would not buy anymore books until January, but this is soooooo on my wishlist now. I'm gonna start the new year off with a bang and manties! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. *I bow to the master* This review is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete