Review: Strong Enough (Family #2) Audiobook by Cardeno C.

When a casual hookup turns into the potential for love, staid Spencer realizes he wants to build a life with vibrant Emilio.

When 22-year-old Emilio Sanchez sees handsome Spencer Derdinger walking by his construction site, Emilio makes it his goal to seduce the shy professor. Getting Spencer into bed isn't difficult, but Emilio soon learns that earning the trust of a man deeply hurt will take time and patience. With a prize like brilliant, sweet Spencer on the line, Emilio decides he is strong enough to face the challenge.

Spencer is surprised when he's approached by the gorgeous construction worker he's admired from the safety of his office window. Acting spontaneously for the first time in his 38 years, Spencer takes Emilio home. When the casual hookup turns into the potential for love, Spencer realizes that if he wants to build a life with Emilio, he'll need to be strong enough to slay his personal demons and learn to trust again.

Listening Length: 6 hours and 43 minutes
Narrator: Ezekiel Robison


I have read this book a few times already, it's definitely one of my favourite comfort reads! When I saw Ezekiel Robison had done the narration for it I got my grabby little hands all over it! There was no way this could be bad, amazing narrator and romantic story, sign me up!

I first heard Robison’s narration in ‘More than Everything’ and was blown away at the variety of voices he could produce for a mostly all male dialogue. Somehow he managed to find another two completely different voices for Spencer and Emilio.

Robison does a Spanish accent for Emilio and all his brothers, at first I was a little hesitant about that, I was curious to see if he’d be able to pull it off throughout the entire book. He definitely did! Not many people could stick with an accent while reading a sex scene and still make it sound hot. Robison’s narration makes me forget that I’m listening to a book, he’s so involved and animated with his voices that I feel like I’m intruding on these men’s lives by listening to their personal moments.

If you haven't read the story, I’d definitely recommend going with the audio, although actually reading it is worth the time as well. Beware though, this story is all Insta-love and fluff, comfort and romance. It has enough drama to keep it from getting boring but Emilio and Spencer are solid and stable together from 3 hours after meeting, until the end.

Listening to this book in audio and actually hearing Emilio and Spencer talk to each other really changed the story and gave it that extra dimension I didn’t know it was missing. Loved it so hard!!!


Checkout on Goodreads!

No comments:

Post a Comment