Review: Catch My Breath by M.J. O'Shea

Danny Bright was born to entertain. He just needs his big break. So when he hears that Blue Horizon Records is holding auditions looking for the next big thing, Danny jumps at the chance. It doesn’t turn out exactly as he imagined, though. Instead of getting solo contracts, Danny and four other guys are put into a boy band.

Innocent, idealistic Elliot Price thinks he’s headed for college. An impulsive decision to sing in the local talent search changes all that. A bigwig producer happens to see him, hands him a business card, and turns Elliot’s life upside down.

Elliot and Danny are close from the beginning. They love all the guys, but it’s different with each other. Soon their friendship turns into feelings more intense than either of them can ignore. The other three boys only want Danny and Elliot to be happy, but when their management team and record label discover two of their biggest tween heartthrobs are in a relationship, they’re less than pleased. Danny and Elliot find themselves in the middle of a circle of lies and cover-ups, all with one bottom line—money. They have to stay strong and stick together if they don’t want to lose themselves… and each other.






#Dellyisreallove

Excuse me while I pick myself up off the floor.

Gah. So cute. I basically swooned more than is deemed socially acceptable. I swear I had to continuously set down the kindle so I could sigh and squee. I can't even. I can't with all the cute. 
 
There was a band.
There was a TV show.
There were other hot and fun dudes in the band.
There were asshole record deal people.
There was stuff other than Elliot and Danny.

But I didn't even care about all the stuff that was "other".

All this grown woman cared about was #Delly.

Elliot and Danny. Their meeting, their friendship... perfect. They were all about each other from the beginning and I was all about them. They could feel it and I could feel it, right from the start.
They had such a connection and, like Elliot said, even if it weren't for the band they would have found each other and been together. *swoon* Just their friendship alone was adorable and endearing. Then came their touches. Oh, their sly and constant touches. Ugh. They were so hot and they hadn't even done anything yet. And then their kisses. Oh, the kisses. So sweet and so sexy. *dies* I love them so much that I could have seriously read 350 pages of them just being adorable. #TeamDelly

But then The Conflict came along. I could see it coming from about 4.76 million miles away. Give or take. I knew it was coming, I've read it many times before and I was okay with it. I was devastated but good with where the story was headed. But then the angst kept going and going and going. I think if the last 50% was about 100 pages shorter, with some of the angst cut out, the whole ordeal would have been just as effective, if not more.


Regardless, Catch My Breath was ridiculously enjoyable with a couple of the most completely likeable and endearing characters I've read about. I absolutely adored all the adorableness out of this book.
 

#AllIWantIsMoreDelly



No comments:

Post a Comment