Reviews: Healing Him (The Den Boys, #2) by A.T. Brennan

“I hated that I was like this, but after years of trying to work through it I was beginning to feel like I’d never be normal.” ~ Cody

Hiding the fact that I was in love with my best friend Isaac used to be the most complicated part of my day, until a chance meeting with a handsome stranger named Jonah sent my life into a tailspin. Scars from my past have stopped me from giving in to my desires for so long, but I’m done being afraid. I want both men. I just don’t know if I’ll be able to trust that anyone can love me.

“I knew it was a bit messed up, but there was no jealousy or envy when I thought of my men together.” ~ Isaac

I’ve loved Cody for as long as I’ve known him, but have always held back because of his past. Then I met Jonah and I knew there was no way I could choose between them. I want it all—the man I’ve loved for so long, and the one I’m quickly falling for. It’s not going to be easy, but nothing worthwhile ever is.

“I wanted to believe it was all true, but I couldn’t push aside the fear that I was just a distraction until the two of them got together.” ~ Jonah

After having my heart broken I never thought I’d find love again. I wasn’t looking for anything real, and then I met not one, but two men I can’t resist. Isaac and Cody are everything I ever wanted but didn’t know I could have. I want to believe the three of us can work, but a part of me can’t get past the fear that I’ll be the odd man out, again.

*This is Book 2 of The Den Boys series, but can be read as a standalone - no cliffhangers.

*This book is intended for an 18+ audience and is a story of male/male/male romance and love. There are graphic depictions of man parts doing naughty and sexy things, so please be sure this is the kind of book for you before reading.




Cody is pretty damaged in the beginning of this story. He has touch aversion from past trauma and there are very few people he will allow to touch him, and even then it is for very short periods of time.

He is in love with his best friend Isaac but he knows he cannot put it out there because he could never trap Isaac into a relationship where he cannot be with him physically.

Isaac holds a torch for Cody, but understands his touch aversion. It’s taken a year for him to gain enough trust to be able to lie side by side and watch movies. He has no delusions about a future with Cody right now, but he has no interest in anyone else, until he meets Jonah at a bar and feels a pull towards the man.

The start of this story was on point. The longing but the realistic expectations was great. It allowed for some great emotional connection between Cody and Isaac, and it was obvious they had been friends for a while.

I liked all the characters as they are introduced, and the plot line was strong. However, I wasn’t convinced by the progression of events after Jonah enters the scene. It was too quick. It didn’t make a whole lot of sense, and I wasn’t satisfied with the non-explanation that came from it all.

I did understand Jonah’s position, but I was frustrated by how he didn’t even discuss his fears with the other two. Being the older of the three I expected him to be the one who would be a grown up and speak his mind. It almost felt like additional manufactured drama on top of the already occurring drama, and could have been avoided by one simple conversation.

Putting that aside, the erotic scenes were hot. Their chemistry was great, and I really loved the way they connected.

This can definitely be read as a standalone, but it is obvious it is part of a series. I haven’t read book one, but I am interested in picking it up and filling in some gaps.

Recommended for readers of menage with a bit of an age gap. If you can look past the drama and the ‘love fixes all’ plot line, I think this is a pretty sweet threesome story.



A review copy was provided for an honest opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment