Review: Townie and the Twink (Men of Holsum College #3) by Daisy Harris


Insightful to a fault, Gabe Ashton knows Nick Flynn’s gay even if Nick doesn’t. And after seeing how the townie looks at his "buddy," Gabe knows Nick is in love with a guy who’ll never love him back. So Gabe invites Nick to campus parties and to hang out with new people. But soon their friendship turns physical, and Gabe wonders if he’s in just as much denial as Nick is.

Nick’s straight—or so he’s always assumed. But he can’t deny that the things he’s doing with Gabe are hot. More than that, he likes Gabe in a way he’s never liked anyone else. Well, anyone else except his high school friend, John.

The hardest thing to give up is a fantasy, and the hardest thing to face is the truth. But if Nick wants the man standing in front of him, he’ll have to give up the one he never had.




Well, hell. Could these college boys get any hotter? I don’t know if I could handle it if they did.

So if you’re in the mood for some light, sexy fun… c’mon, let me tell you about Nick & Gabe.

Nick is straight. Of course he is, why else would he let his new friend Gabe blow him? Gabe has excellent gaydar. It’s like his superpower and knows Nick is gay at first sight. He slowly but surely gets Nick to realize this about himself as well.

Daisy Harris knows how to write some good sexual tension.  Oh my, with the tentative touches, the accidental rubbing and the innocent mutual masturbation… I thought I would burst into hot flames and they hadn’t even had The Sex yet. But when they did have The Sex? It was hot and rough, just how I like it. *licks lips*

So, yeah. They were hot. But Nick & Gabe were also really sweet. So sweet I caught myself talking to my book out loud saying, "Oh my gah! They are so friggin' cute." And they were. I loved how their relationship developed from friends (with benefits) to an eventual real relationship.  They really did care about each other and it definitely showed through their interactions. So darn adorable.

My only tiny gripe is the whole 'I'm not gay' thing went on a little too long for me. Seriously, you had a guy’s dick in your mouth. That is definitely gay territory. How in denial could he possibly be? But, I was glad it didn’t really change how he treated Gabe. He knew he liked Gabe and that he was someone special so he continued to treat him as such.

This series is basically all sex and fluff. But it’s goooooooood sex and fluff.  

Find on Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment