Guest Review: And Then The Devil Cried (Episodes #1-2) by Ellie Fox

Episode #1
Marcus Troy is the man everyone fears.
Rho Bennett considers himself the drug kingpin's right hand but things change when Rho brings home Adam, an orphan boy who never had a real family and who is having a rough time finding his balance in the world.

Rho wants to protect the boy but when Marcus sets his sights for Adam, everything changes. Marcus wants Adam at any cost. He will do anything in his power to get him.

The Devil doesn't always laugh.
Sometimes, he weeps with you.

Trigger Warnings: Contains dark themes, non-con, abuse, suicide/self-harm, some violence.

Episode #2
Adam Delaney has always been a believer in good and doing the right thing. But the incident with Marcus leads him to the conclusion that only bad guys win in the end.

Rho is the only one who keeps reminding Adam that he's not evil, and Rho believes that with all his heart.

Is Rho right about Adam? Is there an innocent Adam hiding in fear of annihilation underneath that cold exterior?

Or has the new heir to the throne, truly abandoned his true self for the sake of winning, and made a pact with the Devil?






Reviewer: NeRdyWYRM

Totally Twisted and Completely Captivating


Whoa. Just ... whoa.

oh shit-supernatural-devil cried review pics

Okay, so adulting isn't really my thing. I mean, who wants to do that? But I feel like I have to just real quick, then I can go back to immature but articulate irreverence, m'kay?

PSA: There are serious trigger situations in this book. Serious. I really mean it. If there are things you can think of as being pretty much the worst things imaginable to happen to someone (short of a gruesome death) sexually, mentally, psychologically, and physically, they are probably in this book. So please be mindful of that if there are things that may trigger you. Absolutely skip it if you are at all in doubt. I hate to say that because I loved it, but my conscience dictates I can't just not warn people.

proceed with caution-devil cries review picsrisks ahead devil cries review pics

Now that I'm done with that, Ho-ly. Freaking. Shit. I could not put this story down. I ran 15 minutes over on my lunch break finishing the first novella. I sat in my truck, reading in the parking lot at work after I was off work—who the hell does that?!—because I just had to get back to the story and start the second one. I only left because one of my coworkers who was actually leaving like a normal person does after their shift looked at me like I'd lost my mind for still being there. And then my poor kids were starving by the time I finished cooking dinner (late), because I just had to finish the second installment in one go.

I. Couldn't. Put. It. Down.

Now, what that says about me and how twisted I may or may not be, well ... I just don't care. This story was/is fascinating. Unfortunately, it's also a serial at this point with just two episodes out so far (in case that wasn't evident by what I said already), so now I'm on pins and needles waiting for the next one. Pins. And. Needles.

pins and needles devil cries review pics

It was dark. It was twisted. It was painful. Pain-FULL. Painful. Maybe having little bites of this one at a time isn't such a bad idea after all because, yep. It was painful. But the characters are just fascinating and really sort of terrifying all at once. The fact that there is such ... immorality present throughout and I still find it all so damned captivating is a little disturbing, too.

So, fair warning: If you like dark and twisted, be prepared to flirt with getting fired, unhealthy I-need-a-shrink obsessed binge-reading behavior, and starvation. It's that serious. I can't wait for the next one.

Hands down: 5 Hearts

More reviews by NeRdyWYRM can be found on Goodreads here.

Images (when present) may be subject to copyright.

An ARC copy of this title was provided for an honest review.




No comments:

Post a Comment