Tag Team Review: Until You (At First Sight #3) by T.J. Klune

Sequel to The Queen & the Homo Jock King

Together with their families and friends

Paul Auster

and

Vincent Taylor

request the honor of your company at the celebration of their marriage.







Jet and Jem's Fuck Yeah Super Awesome Buddy Read Reviews
 
Tag team review y'all!

Jenni Lea and Ann both dove on this one as soon as it crossed the threshold into the clubhouse. T.J. Klune is a favorite here among unicorns and a freakin' wedding between Vince and Paul??? Please, how does one NOT get all up in that?

Come join the love fest . . . .

Jenni Lea ------ 5 Hearts

This was everything that I could have ever wished for from this series.  Vince is finally going to make an honest man out of Paul and we're invited to the shenanigans... er, I mean wedding.  It was fabulously awkward and adorable and I laughed the whole way through.

Vince is the most amazing guy.  He has no brain-to-mouth filter.  The words that come out of that boy's mouth... guh!  I was swooning right next to Paul.

"You're a little weird."
He shrugged.  "Probably.  But that's okay.  Being a little weird got me you, so I don't really care about that sort of thing."

This was a riot.  From nana's shenanigans to Sandy and Corey/Kori's "bro-isms" I was hyperventilating from laughter.  The situations the Scooby gang get themselves into are side-splitting hilarious.  Klune is a comedy master.  And when I wasn't rolling on the floor in hysterics I was shedding tears of joy over all the heartfelt moments between everyone, especially those moments between Paul and his dad.  That was beautiful!

I loved every bit of this story.  Every single bit.  But what I loved most about this story was Sexy Paul.  If you read this book for nothing else, read it for Sexy Paul.   Sexy Paul is my spirit animal.

I knew, just like everyone else, that wearing sunglasses at night immediately made a person at least forty-two percent hotter than if they went without them.

I think Corey Hart would agree with you on that one, Sexy Paul.

Sexy Paul is... well, I can't even describe what he is, he's that epic.  He is in a class by himself.  You see, Sexy Paul is the result of mixing one normal, every day Paul Auster with the evil brew that is Jagermeister.  The more you mix, the stronger the transformation.  And it. Is. Magical.

"Whoa," I said as I immediately posed because I was too legit to quit.  "Hey guys.  Sexy Paul is here.  You're welcome."
People cheered at that.  Of course they did.  I was amazing.



 Fuck yeah you are, you sexy beast!

Seriously, y'all.  If you've read Tell Me It's Real and The Queen & the Homo Jock King then you don't want to miss out on this book.  It was everything!  And if you haven't read this series yet, why the fuck not?  What the hell are you waiting for?




Ann ------ 5 Hearts

The pure sassy love that these characters have is the stuff that every family should aspire to.

There are really only two words I need to say to convince you that you NEED to read Until You as soon as possible. SEXY PAUL. You haven’t lived until you’ve met Sexy Paul.




In his mind he's JGL, in reality he's more Bobby Moynihan, which is all the better and so perfect Paul. Sexy Paul is so not ‘everyday Paul’, he is, in short, a magnificent beast and I love him. So does Vince and that’s what’s most important.

A wedding between Paul and Vince, from the planning to the actual nuptials is exactly as insane and magical as you would expect. Paul and Sandy are . . . well, they are Paul and Sandy and Vince, Vince is the rock that Paul needs desperately. Vince is the one that keeps the perspective on becoming an official part of the Auster family and legally Paul’s forever and always. He’s so ridiculously and accidentally romantic that I was reminded all over again why Paul is so madly in love with him. He made me swoon by just saying his feels out loud and he had NO idea how amazing his words were.

I had so many favorite parts, on top of meeting Sexy Paul, that I’ll be rereading this whole treasure again. And listening to the audio again. Just all of it, again. But, I’ve got to say, the most truly Vince/Paul moments were all about their wedding vows. They planned on writing them themselves and the goal was to make the other hubs weep like a motherfucker. It was pure gold and the buildup lived up to the execution beautifully. That included the obligatory smack-talk that came upon vow reading completion.

But, the bestest thing about Until You is how all the characters were brought together. Everyone had some ‘special’ page time. Even though the focus is Vince and Paul, every character had a voice and it really gave each of them even more depth. There were no real secondary characters, everyone was important and all of those moments made Until You so much more than just a romantic comedy. Love, in all its forms, was represented and I ate up all those little vignettes. The balance between OTT shenanigans and heartfelt emotions was sublime. Bring it in my bitches.





 And of course, SEXY PAUL.


Head over to Dreamspinner Press to pick up your copy.

**a copy of this story was provided for an honest review**

No comments:

Post a Comment