Author Visit: Not Just Passing Through by Jamie Dean - Character Interview!


Today, the unicorns welcome author Jamie Dean and his character Chase Lancaster from his upcoming book, Not Just Passing Through, releases 4/27/16 from Dreamspinner Press. They had a little pow wow session here at the stable. One things for sure, you'll definitely learn a little more about the main character of the novella and learn how pretty he really is. 

Take it away Jamie and Chase!


Jamie Dean: Hi, Jamie Dean here, author of the new book Not Just Passing Through. Today I’m going to be interviewing one of the main characters of the book, Chase Lancaster. Chase, thanks for joining us.

Chase Lancaster: Well, it’d be a shame not to share all this pretty. *winks*

JD: Ha! I guess it would. Why don’t you tell us a little about yourself, Chase?

CL: Hm, I’m young, hot, and available. I love sex, riding my bike, drinking good beer, and my little sister. Guess that’s about it.

JD: Now, you’re staying at the Red Ram Motel, currently. Are you planning on renting a house nearby, or are you just in town for business?

CL: *snorts* Uh, that would be no on both. I’m a drifter, Jamie. I don’t stay in one place for too long. Nothing wrong with wanting roots, but they’re not for me. I love the road too much.

JD: You’ve become pretty good friends with the front desk clerk, though, is that right?

CL: Avery? Yeah, um... Ave’s pretty great. He’s... well, he’s funny as hell, for one thing. Sarcastic little shit. *laughs* He seems so quiet one minute, but then he’ll just surprise you, you know? And when he smiles, it’s like a revelation, ‘cause he never really, um... *clears throat* He’s a cool dude, is what I’m saying.

JD: I see. From what I hear, you two are actually getting pretty close. His friend Jenny says—

CL: Look, I don’t know what she told you, but Jenny’s got her own problems, all right? She’s got a thing for Ave and... okay, it’s no secret the guy thinks I’m nice to look at, but—

JD: She just said she thought you were drawing Avery out of his shell.

CL: ... Oh. Well, I dunno. I guess. I don’t know what he was like before, but he says he was pretty awkward. And I mean, the day I met him, he started out that way, but we don’t have any problems talking, or anything. I think we kinda just get each other, you know?

JD: Indeed I do.

CL: He’s basically my best friend.

JD: He’s pretty good looking too, wouldn’t you say?

CL: Um... I guess so? I mean, I’m straight, so it’s hard for me to—he’s got those killer eyes, though, you know? That kind of hazel where you don’t really know what color they’re gonna be from one day to the next? So, yeah, he probably is. Good looking, I mean. Like, objectively.

JD: Of course. Objectively. It’s funny. On the surface, you two seem like such opposites. Yet you say you get each other. How do you get past your differences?

CL: *laughs* Think about it, man. You have two taps, hot and cold. You run ‘em into the same tub, they don’t fight, they just mix together, you know? Blend into a new kind of water that works for everyone. I think that’s what me and Ave do. We just... fill up the space with a new thing instead of clashing. I don’t know. That probably doesn’t make any sense outside my head. I’m not exactly a college professor. Avery could probably explain it a lot better.

JD: Avery isn’t exactly a college professor, either, Chase.

CL: Yeah, but, like, he’s working beneath his intelligence, you know? He could do anything. Me, I’m just doing the best I can with what I’ve got, but he could be anything.

JD: You know, he says the same about you. That you’re smarter than the life you’ve chosen.

CL: *fidgets and stares at the floor* He said that?

JD: He did.

CL: *smiles* He’s a cool dude, like I said.

JD: Well, Chase, I think that’s all we have time for. Thanks for hanging out with us today.

CL: Sure thing. You got any more questions, just let me know.

JD: Readers, do you have any questions for Chase? Leave them in the comments below and we’ll get his answers for you. For more information on the book he’s starring in, visit www.jamiedeanwrites.com

***

Socially awkward, closeted virgin Avery Malcolm passes his days and nights running his bigoted aunt’s motel in rural New Mexico. He dreams of getting away and hitting the road, but with one friend, a few acquaintances, and no real life to speak of outside his duties as front desk clerk, he doesn’t know if he'll ever get a chance.

Fate sends hot drifter Chase Lancaster to the Red Ram Motel, riding in on his sexy black motorcycle. Within twenty-four hours, Avery’s life is turned upside down. Before long, even though Chase’s sexual interests seem to run exclusively toward women in bars, Avery finds himself falling for the beautiful biker with no permanent address. Chase is much more than his bad boy persona, so while it’s nice to have another friend, Avery doesn’t know how he’ll survive with his heart intact when Chase inevitably moves on.

Purchase link: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=7665
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29734969-not-just-passing-through

***

Author Bio

Jamie Dean is passionate about food, beer, and hot men wading together through a sea of angst, sarcasm and sexy times.

When he is not reading or writing gay erotic fiction from his front porch swing, he might be painting, playing with his dogs and cats, or cooking experimental meals for (or drinking beer with) Jay, his husband and muse. He loves old cars, science fiction, road trips, and spending time with family and friends.

He came to terms with his sexuality only later in life, so that struggle is a frequent theme in his work. He has since embraced it with pride and considers himself an LGBT* activist, a feminist, and a champion for equal rights.

***

The Unicorns thank both Jamie and Chase for stopping by. If any interested readers have questions, please feel free to ask int he comments section below!

See our review for Not Just Passing Through here!

No comments:

Post a Comment