Review: Chaos Unchained (Outlaw MC #1) by James Cox

What if bad guys ruled the world and the good guys were the outlaws?

I’m Chaos, patch member of Outlaw MC of Mars. We fight against the government’s warped rules under the guise of hover bike enthusiasts. Gays are put to death. Women are used for breeding. Dark skinned men are considered slaves. I told you our world is messed up and the battle is going to be bloody.

I’m currently on my way to earth for a six-month prison sentence. Level six is for sex, a twisted buffet of ass and mouth. Level five is for the fights. That’s where I shine. Beau is a sexy Hispanic man that’s too goofy to play with the big boys. He’s a follower that was loaned to me for some quick, naked fun. But it turned into something else. I didn’t do relationships because of my past. My father was a serial killer, childhood trauma, blah, blah. But it seems that now, I had a boyfriend. It’s all confusing.

Beau is released from prison before me. Can I survive three months without his calming touch? Will he survive on Mars with my dangerous and violent club without me?



An awesome book to start a new COX series.

One thing that the COX is really good at (well he's good at A LOT of things) but my point here is, he's really good at world building. Especially for a novella length story. Just enough and not too much. It's not over complicated, it's told in a way that easy to follow and there is a ton of information in a few words. I love it. I felt the tension that Chaos had to deal with as he was sent away from his home to serve his sentence on Earth. The travel from Mars to Earth in the pod was crazy stressful and that embodies how well the author can convey other worldly tension all through showing. He doesn't have to go into a ton of descriptions because everything that goes on in Chaos's head is so very descriptive.

Chaos is a bad ass sexy beast and he establishes his place in the pecking order of prison pretty quickly. It isn't long before he meets Beau and Beau is pretty much adorable. I loved how Chaos wasn't overly impressed with him at first glance and then Beau smiled and that was it. Chaos wasn't the only one who fell for Beau's dimples. He's charming and loving and a perfect fit for Chaos and his lonely heart. Considering the setting and the struggle to survive, Chaos is really one romantic outlaw. He's just the sort of bad boy MC that I love.

Beau gets released and sent back to Mars before Chaos is and it's a tough transition for Chaos as he waits out the last of his sentence. There is a final fight that could have ruined everything, but prison justice is a different animal. Doesn't mean it wasn't a stressful time until Chaos actually was on the shuttle and on his way home.

Chaos coming home really read like the beginning of the series. It was a homecoming, the end of a stressful period and a beginning all at once. The rest of the club was introduced and I can't wait to read their stories. There are some intriguing characters there and I can tell everyone of them has a unique bad boy vibe that is going to be fun to read about. That being said, I've already mentioned to James that I want more of Chaos and Beau. I'm not ready to let those two go just yet.

For more information about Chaos Unchained check it out on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment