Fangirl review: Taboo for You by Anyta Sunday

Sam’s freaking out. He’s 30 in three weeks. And what has he done in his twenties? It’s pretty simple math: nothing exciting at all. But hey, he has three weeks right? Maybe that’s just enough time to tick his way through a 20s Must Do List . . . 

Luke’s freaking screwed. He’s come out to his family, and his friends. Except there’s a certain someone who doesn’t know yet: his neighbor of 7 years. Who also happens to be his best friend. Who Luke needs to tell the truth, but he just . . . can’t . . . seem to . . .

Jeremy’s freaking over-the-moon. It’s the countdown to his 15th birthday, and his goal is simple. No matter what, he’s going to spend heaps of time with saucy Suzy. But first he needs to get his over-protective, no-girlfriend-'cause-you’ll-get-her-pregnant parents off his back. And what better way than pretending he’s gay? 

Sam, Luke, and Jeremy. Three guys who have a lot of history together, and a lot of future too—

—well, if they can sort out their issues, that is.


This is a fangirl review that has previously been posted on the blog and on goodreads - however as Anyta Sunday is our Author of the Month and this is a fabulous story I thought I'd reshare. :)

Firstly a huge thank you to Heather K whose review convinced me to try this book. I did not regret one minute of it. I absolutely LOVED this book. My all time favourite trope in any book, ever, since I was old enough to read lurve stories has been best friends falling in love. I just love it. Heather said in her GR review that she loves GFY (gay for you) stories and quite often in M/M friends to lovers also translates as GFY, this is one of those books.

Okay, so where do I start with this love fest of a review - because quite honestly I adored it all. The characters - Sam, about to turn 30 and forced to grow up too fast. Having a child at the age of 15 is not ideal by anyone's standards, I loved how Anyta Sunday portrayed Sam's relationship with Jeremy though. He was a great father, he had an amazing relationship with his ex-partner even though they were ex's and had had a baby at such a young age. He needed to relive the 'lost' years of his youth and twenties - but he did it so responsibly. It was so damn cute and adorable. Also his growing attraction to Luke. Ungh. Eli Easton is in danger of losing the UST (unresolved sexual tension)crown to Anyta Sunday....

I love reading UST. *fans self*

Luke. Wow - I love Luke. UST. UST. UST.

UST

So he came out....just not to the person he's in love with. His best friend. Uh oh.

UST.



Yep - I loved Luke.

And Luke and Sam.

And Sam and Luke. Get the idea?

And as a bonus we had some of Jeremy's storyline too. He pretends to be gay so his mum doesn't worry about him getting some girl pregnant (she knows allllll about that) that way he figures he can have all the alone time with his girl he needs - after all they're just friends, right?? Wiley lad. The thing is his best friend is gay....I so want his story next!!

All in all this is a book about friendship, family and love. My three favourite components to any story. Plus did I mention the UST?? Not so much a review as a love fest for how much I love this book. Read it y'all.

Great characters, great storyline and HOT lovin'. Anyta Sunday is a genius.


No comments:

Post a Comment