Tag Team Audiobook Review: Sarge & Murphy (F.I.S.T.S #1-2) by Bey Deckard

Genre(s): Science Fiction, Erotica, Military, BDSM, Gay

Sometimes it’s just about being in the right place at the right time… with the right person.

Sarge is the short story of a burgeoning D/s relationship between two Space Marines stationed on an alien planet where an endless war drags on.

Sergeant Wilkes is a hard man with a long, celebrated military career.

Brawny, tattooed, and utterly submissive, Murphy is just an interesting diversion… until Sarge realizes he has found something truly rare.

Listening Length: 1 hour and 32 minutes
Narrator: Nick J. Russo


Ann - 4 Hearts

Dammit Bey. Dammit Nick.

There are so many feels and delicious filth packed into this short novelette and I ate up every word. Telling the story in Dual POV either is the best thing ever or . . . not, and in Sarge, it is the BEST. It’s really the only way the author could have conveyed so much in so little time. Murphy is a BIG space Marine who is actually brilliant but speaks very little because he just isn’t that comfortable with verbal interaction, he’s there to do his duty, and that’s it. There is no one more loyal than Murphy.
Except for maybe Sarge. Sarge has dedicated his life to service and to say the man is tough is an understatement. He has no time for nonsense and when Murph saves his life, Sarge doesn’t waste words when asking about Murphy’s endowment and whether it matches the rest of his frame or not. Why yes Sarge, yes it does. Murphy has had a bit if a lust crush on Sarge for a while now and being a big old sub he doesn’t dare let himself wish that Sarge will dominate him, but when Sarge tells him . . .
“You’re a good boy, Murph,” he says softly to me. “You get me home, get me patched up, and you’ll see what good boys get.”
I swear to god, I have never made a sound like it before; half whimper, half gasp, it’s past my lips before I can stop it. Sarge sees the effect his words have on me, and he smiles.”

I loved the connection between these two and this is really just the beginning between them. You can stop here, but why the hell would you? In order to get the full Sarge and Murphy story, you need to move on to Murphy as soon as you finish Sarge.


SheReadsALot - 4 Hearts

Being as I've read this book and enjoyed Sarge to pieces, this audiobook has mighty big shoes to fill.

Murphy, the big hulking submissive soldier who finally gets his man, older Sarge set in a sci-fi erotica action packed short story... I am still grinning.

My feelings for Sarge, as a story, hasn't changed.

Listening to Deckard's words is a different experience for me. The story is still mega hot. Duh, it's a Deckard. But it took me forever to get into the book groove with the narrator, Nick J. Russo.

This is my first time listening to this narrator. I'm still unsure if we're going to be a good match. I got lost very easily, had to re-listen plenty of times. Thankfully, I read the book first. I think it's more of a me thing: the battle between how I imagined Sarge and Murphy to sound vs. Russo's take on it. His Sarge and Murphy voices are similar, but out of the two I enjoyed Sarge more.

Please don't think it was a horrible narration job, whatever form you get your hot hands on Sarge, get it (if the kinks are ones you enjoy).

Toward the end of the story, the narration improved, or it could be because after repeating the book from various locations, I got used to Russo's style. But I think Deckard's words are better read. We'll see, I'm listening to Murphy right after this.

The narration was 3.5 Hearts. My previous rating for Sarge still stands 4.5, so average it out = 4 Hearts


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/31434274-sarge




Sometimes when it seems like it’s too late, the right person comes along and opens your eyes…

Murphy is the continuing story of a D/s relationship between two Space Marines who found each other in the midst of hopelessness and misfortune.

Sarge and his newly minted squad travel across the galaxy on a top-secret mission that could help win the war. However, to Murphy something about the mission stinks, and it’s not just the planet they’ve landed on.

Listening Length: 1 hour and 37 minutes
Narrator: Nick J. Russo



Ann - 4.5 Hearts

So, hopefully you have taken my suggestion to heart and just bought both stories at the same time because you need to have the full tale to appreciate the relationship between these two plus get the full story of their universe.

While Sarge introduced these two and gave the setup, Murphy starts getting further into the emotion the characters feel, especially Sarge. At first he has a lot of frustration at actually having feelings and he has a tendency to take those frustrations out on Murphy. Of course, Murphy digs on it so there is a bit of emotional wrangling, but it’s not overdone and works at Sarge’s pace which flows perfectly for the story. I liked the narrator’s voice as Sarge talked himself through his new found feelings and I loved how in tune Murphy was with Sarge’s thoughts. Those two didn’t need to say a lot of words to be on the same emotional plane, but they spared no words when it came to kink time and I appreciated all those moments muchly. Sure, those moments were decadently fun to listen to, but as the story went on and the two became closer emotionally you can hear it in the sex. It gets more verbal and each has learned the others hot buttons perfectly.

The author gives more than just a memorable D/s relationship, there’s military intrigue and subterfuge aplenty giving the story more depth than what you’d expect for a couple of novelettes. He also gives Murphy a condition that sets him apart from others and it’s another dimension into Murphy that was really intriguing to read. Murphy has synesthesia and sees colors within others emotions. The technology of their time allows him to share that with Sarge when it’s called for and gave the two of them another connection. Now, I’ve always seen numbers as colors and while it’s nothing like what Murphy sees, I loved listening to what Murphy experienced.

These two characters are perfectly formed for each other, they are both incredibly strong men in their own ways, and Sarge’s possessive and protective attitude towards Murphy is balanced with Murphy’s need to please the man who gives him everything he needs made me melt for these guys. There’s nothing better than listening to two guys with complementary kinks coming together. Especially when you know, that without the other, the chances of finding someone so perfect for them would be pretty slim, so not only is it a great tale of sci-fi erotica, it’s a unique romance that was just really moving to listen to.

SheReadsALot - 4 Hearts

"Well, well, well... What the fuck's got you so damn worked up, son?" he says, and flicks the head of my cock hard; I wince but manage not to make a sound. "Have you been a bad boy and touched something that doesn't belong to you? And don't you goddamn lie to me."
Excuse me as I melt. Murphy and Sarge could have melted my e-reader.


Established couples aren't my go to. I think it might be why I didn't rush to read this book. Because Murphy and Sarge's initial scenes are that special.

But I am so happy I finally got to it. This time around I listened on audiobook and read along to the second book in the F.I.S.T.S. series. It's months later after that last battle scene in Sarge. Murphy and his Sarge both go through some changes, moving up the ranks, more erotic D/s scenes.

Murphy and Sarge already had a connection, this book was a deeper exploration of their bond. It was hot. There were a tender moment here and there. But overall, the two are made for each other.

And did I mention hot?

"Will you look at the mess you've made of yourself? How long's your cock been drooling all over you?"
"All day, Sarge. Like you wanted."

Because it continued the scorch from book #1.

Someone is possessive and demanding. I'm all about that. And in between the molten D/s times, there was a little suspense added. The men are sent to a swampy alien world and everything is not how it seems. Murphy's synesthesia comes back into play in this story. I thought it added a nice touch.

A little action, a lot sexy and an easy read. The series left on a note with a possible revolution, or possible attack on the leaders? There's room for more in the series should the author pursue but the couple is definitely solid. I liked the narration in Murphy more. I agree with Ann, if you go the audiobook route, listen to them back to back. It helps and I finished it with a smile. So maybe the narrator is growing on me. His Sarge voice was still consistent, gruff and growly.

I definitely recommend this series if sci-fi erotica is your type of read.



All copies provided for an honest review
.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/32156362-murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment