Review: Texas Wedding (Texas #7) by R.J. Scott

Sometimes Riley and Jack have to be the ones to fight other people's battles and stand up for what is right.

Faced with the life changing prospect of a yes vote from SCOTUS on the issue of same sex marriage, Riley and Jack realise they have decisions to make. Add in some distressing family news and the very real possibility that old secrets may resurface, and this last book in the Texas series pulls together as many threads as the boys can manage to handle.

But through all the ups and the downs, children, family events, laughter, and tears, there is nothing as special as the forever love between these two men.








I CAN’T BELIEVE IT’S OVERRRRRRRRR!  *cries*

I’M GONNA MISS THEM SO BADDDDDDDD!

What am I gonna do without my Jack and Riley?  Why do they have to go away?  They can’t leave me!  They’re like family to me now.  How will I go on without them?

*reads author note at the end of the book*  *sobs in relief*

Whew!  Thank goodness Ms. Scott can’t let go of her (my) boys.  I was on the verge of a meltdown!

When I first picked up book one in this series, The Heart of Texas, way back a bazillion years ago (ok, in 2013) I was looking for some cowboy lovin’.  When I saw it was set in my hometown of Dallas, Texas I thought, “score!”.  I love anything set in my hometown.  I wish there were more books set there.  Dallas is an amazing city with a great nightlife and many diverse cultures and the State Fair of Texas.  Can’t forget about that.  

But I digress.

When I first read The Heart of Texas I fell in love.  I loved the over-the-top, soap opera-y plot.  I loved the enemies-to-lovers trope and I loved the humor and all the drama.  But most of all I loved Jack Campbell and Riley Hayes.  Who became Jack and Riley Campbell-Hayes.  Or as I like to call them, Jiley.  OK, not really.  I call them the Campbell-Hayeseseses.

Skip ahead to this final book in the Texas series and I find myself still head over heels for these two enigmatic men.  Jack, the gruff cowboy with a Texas twang and dust on his boots, and Riley, the Golden Boy with a heart the size of Texas.  (seeing a theme here?)  They’ve been through so much throughout this series and yet they are still as much in love with each other as ever.  

This series is like coming home to me.  I never had a doubt when I picked up any book in the series that I would not like it.  No, they aren’t literary masterpieces but they are a great comfort to me.  I love all the drama that goes on in these pages.  I love the family dynamics.  I love watching both Jack and Riley grow as individuals and as a family.  I just flat out love everything about them.  

I thought about telling you what goes on in these stories but I think I’ll let you discover them for yourselves.  I’ll just say, this is a great comfort series about a cowboy and the het-boy who loves him.

And if you’re still undecided, a little visual aid to help tip you over the edge.





Or how 'bout this?




OK, enough drooling.  GO READ THIS SERIES!

Copy provided by the author for a fair and honest review.

Check it out on Goodreads!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment