Audiobook Review: Unshakeable Faith by Lisa Worrall

Of all the bars in all the towns in all the world, the stranger walks into Brody Tyler’s. With no memory and a name he chose from a newspaper, Nash is a gamble—one Brody is willing to take. It isn’t long before Brody and Nash fall in love, but then a tragic accident shatters their cozy world, resetting Nash’s memory once again.

The “new” Nash Walker is a businessman with a bottom line, and he doesn’t care what or who gets stomped on. Waking up in a hospital bed after a hit-and-run with no idea where he’s been for the past six months is bad enough, but someone trying to kill him is even worse. Enter Brody Tyler, accidental bodyguard.

Brody’s determined to help Nash remember and bring back the man he loves. Nash thinks Brody’s a drop-dead gorgeous pain in the ass. If only he could remember….

Listening Length: 9 hours and 51 minutes
Narrator: Sean Lenhart

Come along with me won't you? Join me in the tropey goodness of Unshakable Faith.

Because I'm still huffing the fumes of this OTT treat. If I had to quickly describe this book (or should say experience), it's like a sexier Dreamspun Desires title on meth. 


*stares at the fumes*

This was an experience of tomfoolery, unrealistic actions, hot sex, door slamming, jealousy, pounding, almost cheating, shattered hearts, a punch that saves all ills and the sweet cracky fluff.

And did I mention the sex?


Because the trip to Poundtown was so fruitful, it cured all woes.


Not mad at it all.

If you're looking for escapism, look no further. Not my first Lisa Worrall, so I knew ahead of time to expect some over the top-ness. Not disappointed.

It all starts on a fateful day in a San Antonio bar owned by secret rich boy (and humble) Brody Tyler. He's a gentle giant, 6'4" with a soft heart for those in need. Enter the most beautiful man with green eyes, Nash. Nash doesn't remember who he is, only knows he was attacked three months ago and his body is riddled with scars and a nurse named him Paul. But it doesn't feel right. What should the sweet bartender do? Why offer him a job and a room in his home, of course.

I see the eye rolls from here. ;P


Not Paul renames himself Nash. Amnesia Nash is so sweet. He is grateful for the help and befriends the bar workers including Wyatt, Brody's best friend and the best goddamned secondary character in this novel. (I'll get to Wyatt's awesomeness later). Brody is obviously attracted to Nash but tries to be a friend. It's Nash who makes a move after a few weeks in a hot possessive glory.

I was getting Calmesian feels at that point, all systems are a go.

What more could happen to mess with that fluff bubble?

A killer plot! Someone knows who Nash really is and wants him dead!


And the killer is sloppy (obviously since the first go round didn't work) and sloppily attempts to get Nash again. 

So now Nash is in the hospital for a second time and now he remembers everything before the first incident but not the last six months.

And the real Nash? He's an asshole. I cursed not having the ability to reach through the book (I read along and listened to the audiobook) and smack the ever living shit out of Nash. Nash is a wealthy businessman with a heart made of coal. And he enjoyed himself.



I wondered how the author was going to pull these two men together with Nash not having any memory of being booed up and now having the jerk quality about him. Enter tropey plot device a la: bodyguard/ward twist. Brody haphazardly ends up being Nash's bodyguard (yes without having any experience or training) You just have to leave reality with me for this one.

Here, have a hot dog.



Have a few.

Asshole Nash + Fake Bodyguard Brody + Sloppy As Hell Murder Plot + Secrets = DRAMA!

There was enough drama for me, you and the entire world. Between the narrator's over-acting and this crazy ass plot, I was HIGHLY entertained!


I'm going to have to disagree, Tim Gunn. Yes, do that! Do that please!

It was like reading about teens at times. What with the emotions, tears, door slamming (seriously what was up with all the slamming of the doors?), brushes with death (so many...) and the weaksauce reason behind all the attempted murder, this book could go either way.

But it worked? Well for me anyway.

This was my first time listening to Sean Lenhart. The story is set in Texas and the narrator is clearly not from the South. I heard all East Coast even though he tried. It got to be distracting at first, then after reading the story while listening, I noticed there was an OTT-ness to it all. And Lenhart definitely did the thing with that. His crying, dramatic gasping and high emotion scenes sounded the same like the sex scenes. I laughed for all the wrong reasons. His Brody was great. His Nash? LOL wow. No, that accent was so bad it was good in a way. Overall, it fit the theme in a weird way. I rate the narration 3.75 Hearts. I'd give another book narrated by Lenhart a try.

Unshakeable Faith with all the crazy and cracky fluff, it got the job done. I looked forward to listening to the story. It was like a soap opera with all that it had going on. Is the story perfect? Far from it. There are plot holes scattered throughout, reality just doesn't exist here.

And then I reflect on the great moments: the mens' first time, the moment one of their heart shattered, the best punch scene that could've never happened... but I didn't know I needed until it happened.

Wyatt, Brody's BFF, does what I'm sure many readers of this book wanted to do. He's what a BFF stands for. He was Brody's conscience, always had his back and told it like it needed to be told.

I was here for Wyatt.

I am here for Brody and Nash. If this six year old book was a soap opera, I'd still be watching it to this minute.


Recommended if you don't mind fluff, cracky plots, sweetness, fluff and crazy.
Leave reality at the door.



A copy provided for an honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment