Review: Perfect Match (Playmates, #1) by Cecil Wilde

What if your first Dom was your second chance at love? Hunter’s not sure what to expect when he goes to the BDSM partner-matching service, Playmates, but he certainly didn’t expect to meet sexy, confident Milo, the male Dom who may turn out to be exactly what he needs. Cecil Wilde brings you Perfect Match, Book 1 of his new GLBT romance series.

After years of thinking about it, Hunter’s finally taking the plunge into BDSM by going to the partner-matching service, Playmates. He’s not sure what he wants, but his answers and interview get him matched with Milo, an experienced Dom whose lack of interest in S&M makes him unsuitable for many, but perfect for Hunter—even if he’s never slept with a man before. Their sessions make Hunter realize that this is exactly what he’s always needed, but when his ex—the one who got away—comes back on the scene, Hunter finds himself faced with an impossible decision. Will he go back to her or take a chance on the man who might just be his perfect match?

Content Notes: Hot, Anal Play, Anal Intercourse, D/s Elements, Contemporary, GLBT, M/M, BDSM

Perfect Match is the first in the Playmates series. This series is about a BDSM partner matching service.Written in present tense, we are introduced to Hunter a 37 year old white collar straight man who is bi-curious and wanting to explore the submissive side in him that he's never explored. He works a boring job, he struck out in the love department five years ago and just wants someone to help him explore that side of himself. Through Playmates, he's matched with Milo, a Dom who likes mostly D/s and doesn't like to inflict pain. My kind of guy.
"I kind of went from bi-curious to bisexual in the space of time it took you to agree to fuck me."
Oh, Milo was such a sweet Dom. I loved that he didn't know everything and was willing to adjust himself to the needs of Hunter. I love caretaker Doms. And Milo was not above showing his emotions in this story. I really liked that aspect to him. I like that he made Hunter feel comfortable. Hunter was insecure about his body and Milo made him feel body positive through cute ways. He was adaptable, knew how gauge a scene. And his other job as a sex blogger was pretty cool.
"He has a perverse urge to Make Hunter come all over the dark leather and leave friction burns on his thighs that's be tender for days."
I especially liked the two spoke through their gadgets as well. It raised the quirky level some. And some bits the snark was also cute. 

Why wasn't this a 5 heart review?

I had two quibbles. My positives for this story outnumber my quibbles but they are major things that could've knocked this out of the park for me.

- I love you/falling in love bits: WAY too soon. I'm reading these moments before the 50% mark and it's a short story to begin with. Hunter goes from being a straight man who is finally getting over the love of his life (Lisa) five years later and after a few weeks/months he's in a relationship with a man and the ILY comes so soon? I can't but it. If there was more length for explore Hunter's and Milo's feelings, I wouldn't even be mentioning this.
- The first time anal sex scene: Where was it it? It was ignored. We go from fingering (I love) to their second time having anal. When I read about a man's first time discovering his asshole, I'd like all of it, please - I want to read about the first time he thinks about his partner's penis going in. Is he going to cringe? Pretend to take it like a champ? Cringe? Cry out? That was a missed opportunity for me.

But the story was still pretty good. I really enjoyed the concepts brought to the table: a smaller, sensitive and sweet Dom who does not know it all, a bi-curious to bisexual older sub with a normal body (not fit or looking like a cardboard cutout), D/s elements that were great for readers who like sugarkink and are hesitant to try the BDSM genre.

There wasn't a lot of kink: minor bondage, more praise kink than anything, though the brief mention of puppy play got my motor going. ;) Wish that was explored. I'd have like Hunter really prove that he was a "good boy".

Good story, solid enough characters just needed more length.
But I loved the couple hence my rating. :)


For more information on Goodreads or Booklikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment