Anniversary Shenanigans: Author Visit - Edmond Manning


It's story time unicorn boys and girls! Gather 'round the pony paddock! Any The Lost and Founds fans out there? ;D Today, Boy Meets Boy Reviews is happy to have Edmond Manning here and wrote a flash fic based on a unicorn and author favorite image! *stares*


Happy Anniversary
by 
Edmond Manning



When I was ten, Dad took Mom out for their fifteen year anniversary at Timbers, the place that served kiddie cocktails with little plastic monkeys dangling over the cup’s edge by their tails. The folks confessed they thought about going dancing, but Dad’s leg hurt and mom didn’t want to overpay the babysitter, so they came home instead. Huh. I haven’t thought about that anniversary for years. It’s weird I should be naked and painting my body, thinking about Mom and Dad.

But hey, I guess it’s not that weird. After all, tonight is Sean and my fifteen year anniversary.

I wonder if Mom and Dad ever explored their sexual fantasie—eww. Nope, stop. I’m just glad he and I do. Sean was so cute stammering out his growing fascinating with nudity and color, the human canvas, and the idea of mixing those sloppy reds and creamy oranges together while making messy love. Uh, I’m getting hard. Save it for him. Save that purple and green erection for my man. Ha ha…I have a sudden desire to call mom and tell her how we’re celebrating. A nudist beach. Champagne and butt crack sand.

When I was ten, I could have never imagined living this crazy, this adventurously in love. But then again, I could have never imagined Sean. Happy anniversary, my love. My green and purple dick is waiting for you.

*****

Author info:

Edmond Manning has always been fascinated by fiction: how ordinary words could be sculpted into heartfelt emotions, how heartfelt emotions could leave an imprint inside you stronger than the real world. Mr. Manning never felt worthy to seek publication until recently, when he accidentally stumbled into his own writer’s voice that fit perfectly, like his favorite skull-print, fuzzy jammies. He finally realized that he didn’t have to write like Charles Dickens or Armistead Maupin, two author heroes, and that perhaps his own fiction was juuuuuuust right, because it was his true voice, so he looked around the scrappy word kingdom that he created for himself and shouted, “I’M HOME!” He is now a writer.

In addition to fiction, Edmond enjoys writing non-fiction on his blog, www.edmondmanning.com. When not writing, he can be found either picking raspberries in the back yard or eating panang curry in an overstuffed chair upstairs, reading comic books.


Goodreads 

Let Edmond know what you thought of "Happy Anniversary" in the comments. BMBR humbly thanks Edmond for jamming with the unicorns today and delivering a hot, sweet, funny prezzie!

8 comments:

  1. Green and purple are my favourite colours together - lucky Sean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another super short, loving the different takes on the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they great? Splats is pretty popular and he's not finished in the flash fic dept for the month yet. ;D

      They are more amazing takes on this pic to come.

      Delete
  3. Great post! My kids always say they do not want to know what we did.
    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best to keep that fantasy life to yourself, right?

      Delete
  4. What a fantastic way to celebrate an anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I read the story I thought it was the author reminiscing, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete