Review: A Kind of Honesty (A Kind of Stories #3) by Lane Hayes

Music is drummer Tim Chalmers’s great escape and the one thing that’s never let him down. But his band Spiral’s meteoric rise to fame has made it difficult for him to maintain a low profile. Unwanted press pesters him after a public breakup with a volatile ex-girlfriend who loves the limelight as much as he loathes it. Tim’s main goal is to avoid confrontation. However, when a handsome stranger in a dive bar turns out to be someone he might know, everything changes.

Carter Hamilton-Temple might be a successful financial consultant with more brains, sophistication, and charm than most, but he always falls for the wrong guys: closet cases or men with issues. He can’t fight his attraction to tattooed rock star Tim, but can he trust his own judgment? When the thrill of danger combined with a fierce physical connection proves too strong for either man to resist, a quiet liaison away from the public eye and curious friends seems like a safe bet. But some secrets are hard to keep. When rumors threaten to rock his world, Tim realizes it’s time to confront his fear with his own kind of honesty.



“You’re the only one who counts.”

Man I absolutely love this series! This book has such well developed characters and a steady romantic build up of their relationships. There tends to also be some inner torment that needs to be overcome by one of the main characters in order for their relationship to reach a HEA. In this book, that main character is Tim, and he is probably the most resistant to change out of all the characters so far.

I really liked Tim, even though he frustrated me at times. He is a mix of rockstar and nerd and even though he’s scared of being who he really is, he’s very sweet.


Tim’s biggest fear is becoming as dysfunctional as his family. He’s lived with alcoholics, drug addicts and a mum with neurosis, but has managed to escape all that and make something of his life. He wants to fade into the background so not to disturb the delicate balance he thinks he has on life. He’s worried if he takes to much, he’ll just have more too loose when the inevitable ‘inherited’ demons lurking within come out.

I pulled out my cell and typed an impromptu text.
I’ll be home tonite. Miss u.
I stared at the message but didn’t push Send. It was mushy. It wasn’t me.


Man he was frustrating at times, talk about one step forward two steps back, but I still loved him. He was sweet and desperately wanted everything he could have with Carter.

I fell in love with fun-loving, caring, devastatingly handsome Carter in A Kind of Romance and I absolutely loved him in this, but the poor guy has had it rough with relationships.


He has some pretty big trust issues and has been used and hidden in the closet by the majority of his previous lovers. At times it felt like when Tim wanted to take a step forward, Carter was hesitating, but really these two were beautiful to watch fall in love. I always expect the worst with the inevitable ‘final hurdle’ but it’s never as bad I think it’ll be. Yes, it took a shitty situation and seeing Carter hurt to push Tim into gear, but he doesn't hesitate to make things right.

These two smoke up the sheets, seriously! There is so much dirty talk and sex in weird places (like a public park), it really was ridiculously hot. This is from the first 10% of the book:

A gentle sway gave way to a moderate rhythm. And then finally something wilder. His boots dug into my ass as he sucked my tongue and licked my ear. He met me thrust for thrust, picking up the pace with me until the mattress creaked incessantly under the strain of the steady thumping.
….“Fuck me hard, trucker. I can take it.” I snapped my hips, loving the sound of his groan. “Do it harder.”...

This was once again an incredible romance in a series full of them.


Tim had the furthest to come out of all the characters so far, so while he was frustrating, there was no one better to help him than Carter. I adored this, it had my heart pounding and my eyes tearing at the end. I recommend giving this series a go!


No comments:

Post a Comment